All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe events and processes that have taken place in the last decade in South America have given way to one of the most interesting regional phemena under a global crisis and within a changing world order. From the traditional status of WashingtonA's backyard and reign of ecomic and political stability, South America has increasingly turned into a region marked by a heterodox development in the light of other dominant regional tendencies of development-the European Union, NAFTA and the Asia Pacific. The political ecomic nature of the new South American regionalism (NSAR) is far from echoing the dominant interpretations about it, which reflects the major regional projects today. Given the reach and scope of the existing literature on the topic of the NSAR, there is an important gap concerning its academic exploration in relation to its nature of development, political ecomic complexity, challenges and orientations. In this sense, this book explores, from a wider and pluralist political ecomic perspective, the developmental dimensions of the NSAR within a changing hemispheric and world order in transformation. It analyses a set of specific debates: regionalism in the Americas then and w; social and ecomic development and regional integration; and organized crime, intelligence and defence. An in depth and critical reflection on the complex and heterogeneous path of regionalization taking place in South America from different perspectives and in key issues of regional development.
- Author BiographyErnesto Vivares, FLACSO, Ecuador.
- Author(s)Ernesto Vivares
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/03/2014
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleThe International Political Economy of New Regionalisms Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 19 b&w illustrations
- Weight646 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Timothy M. Shaw
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.