All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial impacts are increasingly used as one of the main justifications for staging and funding events, and yet there is very little empirical evidence on the extent to which these impacts are realised by different kinds of events or in different settings. This timely volume fills this gap by being the first to explore the different social aspects of events, looking in particular at the role of events in developing social capital, social cohesion and participation in local communities. Based on cutting edge empirical research, it evaluatesthe contribution of both cultural and sports events to social capital, social cohesion, community spirit and local pride in range of different types of events and settings, with case studies drawn from Europe, Australia and South Africa. It therefore furthers kwledge about the social benefits and impacts of events and significantly contributes to the development of Events as a discipline. Written by leading academics in this area, this volume is essential reading for all those interested in Events Management and Studies.
- Author BiographyGreg Richards is Professor of Leisure Studies at the University of Tilburg in the Netherlands. Marisa de Brito is a Senior Lecturer and manager of research and academic studies at NHTV-Breda University of Applied Sciences. Linda Wilks is Senior Lecturer in Event Management at the University of Hertfordshire.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Event Research Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations, 26 black & white tables, 15 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byGreg Richards,Linda Wilks,Marisa De Brito
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.