Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionSpanish is, with English, one of the most widely spoken languages in the world. It is as a result also one of the most complex and fascinating, with its many geographical and social varieties. This book offers an introduction to the structures and varieties of Spanish, covering all the major levels of linguistic forecasting; considerable attention is also paid to Judeo-Spanish and creoles. No previous kwledge of linguistics is assumed and a glossary of technical terms, in conjunction with exercises and activities, helps to reinforce key points. The book is written specifically with English-speaking learners of Spanish in mind, and readers will find a good deal of practical help in developing skills such as pronunciation and the appropriate use of register.
- Author BiographyChristopher Pountain is Professor of Spanish Linguistics at Queen Mary College, University of London.
- Author(s)Christopher J. Pountain
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/12/2003
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Arnold
- Out-of-print date24/09/2016
- Content Noteindex
- Weight544 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.