All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an insightful guide to the diverse ways that religious faith is practiced and spirituality is understood. Discussing contemporary issues such as post-modernism and the emergence of a new paradigm, the new realities of geopolitics, globalization and global warming, this book explores the importance of religion in people's lives to provide direction in the society today. This book demonstrates the common quest among the world religions for a deeper and more profound spirituality. Describing the spiritual pathways of the various world religions, it assesses the ways that the beliefs, values and practices of these traditions can be life-giving, leading to personal and social responsibility and transformation, but also sometimes harmful and divisive, even used for dangerous purposes. Promoting constructive engagements between the world's religions, this book will connect social justice and ethical engagements with core religious practices and spiritualities. This is an ideal introductory text for students of world religions, spirituality and interfaith relations, broadening their understanding of these lived faiths.
- Author BiographyDuncan S. Ferguson is a freelance educator, author and consultant. He was Professor of Religious Studies and Director at the Center for Spiritual Life at Eckard College, USA, and was President of the Association of Presbyterian Colleges and Universities (1993-2002).
- Author(s)Duncan S. Ferguson
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication24/06/2010
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.