All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionA singular resource, Exploring the World of J. S. Bach puts Bach aficionados and classical music lovers in the shoes of the master composer. Bach scholar Robert L. Marshall and veteran writer-translator Traute M. Marshall lead readers on a Baroque Era odyssey through fifty towns where Bach resided, visited, and of course created his works. Drawing on established sources as well as newly available East German archives, the authors describe each site in Bach's time and the present, linking the sites to the biographical information, artistic and historic landmarks, and musical activities associated with each. A wealth of historical illustrations, color photographs, and maps supplement the text, whetting the appetite of the visitor and the armchair traveler alike.
- Author BiographyRobert L. Marshall is Sachar Professor Emeritus of Music at Brandeis University. His books include The Compositional Process of J. S. Bach and The Music of Johann Sebastian Bach: The Sources, the Style, the Significance . Traute M. Marshall is the author of Art Museums PLUS: Cultural Excursions in New England and translator of The Classical Style and Brecht in America .
- Author(s)Robert L. Marshall,Traute M. Marshall
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width4217 mm
- Height5487 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.