All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAs the culminating volume of Admiral Richard E. Byrd, Jr.'s rewned expeditions, this is the autobiography of a man who knew limits. From his earliest days as a Navy pilot in training, to his controversial flights to the North and South Poles, his lifelong passion for exploration, and his trailblazing quests across the Antarctic continent, Admiral Byrd was a man who stared down long odds, harsh climates, and harrowing landscapes, conquering them all with bravery w immortalized in American lore and legend.
- Author BiographyRichard Evelyn Byrd, Jr., (1888-1957) was a pioneering scientific explorer of the Antarctic continent and rear admiral in the United States Navy. He completed one of the first trans-Atlantic flights and flights to the North and South Poles. Byrd was a recipient of the Medal of Honor, the highest honor for heroism given by the United States.
- Author(s)Richard E. Byrd
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/05/2015
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Series TitleAdmiral Byrd Classics
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width155 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.