All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis new book fills a gap in the collection of published materials in export marketing...Throughout the book the author raises important questions that exporters need to answer in formulating strategies. The chapters on identifying export markets provide practical approaches on the formulation of such strategies, starting with an analysis of trade data...On the basis of the data, exporters can build a market and product profile, set up a market selection matrix, assess their export strengths and weaknesses, and design a market position map, thereby enabling them to develop export strateges...a valuable source for developing export strategies. International Trade Forum As the U.S. trade balance continues to run large, record-setting deficits, the pressure on businesses to export will continue to mount. This book, written for marketing and strategic planning executives, outlines a step-by-step procedure for formulating a successful export strategy. Jain demonstrates how to analyze relevant information about the prospective customer, the competition, and one's own company; how to apply basic marketing decisions to the export environment; and how to implement key aspects of export strategy. Throughout, he identifies the government and ngovernment sources for information a company needs to formulate an effective export strategy. Jain begins with a historical overview of U.S. trade that sets the context for the discussion that follows. He examines America's traditionally low interest in exporting, trade barriers, emerging trade issues for the 1990s, and influential developments in the liberalization of worldwide trade. He then develops his export strategy framework, addressing such critical issues as locating viable foreign markets, segmentation and positioning, timing, and how to compete. The four basic aspects of an export strategy--product, price, distribution, and promotion--are discussed in-depth. For each, Jain offers workable, practical advice for the firm new to exporting: when and how to customize products, methods of pricing, price quotations, pro forma invoicing, sources of distribution channels, managing export channels, alternative promotion media, and more. Finally, drawing upon the experiences of successful exporters, Jain presents guidelines for effective exporting.
- Author BiographySUBHASH C. JAIN is Professor of Marketing and head of the Marketing Department at the University of Connecticut. He also serves as Director of the Export Center, Connecticut Small Business Development Center, and Director of the Institute for the Study of Global Markets at the University of Connecticut. He is the author of 10 books and over 50 professional articles.
- Author(s)Subhash C. Jain
- Date of Publication24/04/1989
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.