All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this exciting update to the first edition of Exposure: From Snapshots to Great Shots (9780321741295)-which has sold over 20,000 net units since its 2010 release-Jeff Revell fully refreshes the book to include new images and new techniques. Now that you've bought an amazing new DSLR, you need a book that goes beyond the camera manual to teach you how to take great shots, and that begins with understanding the fundamental principles of great photography. With Exposure: From Snapshots to Great Shots, popular photographer Jeff Revell starts with the basics of light, including how it works, and how to see it. In order to leverage this new understanding of light in your photography, Jeff walks the reader through one of the most important photographic principles-the exposure triangle: ISO, shutter speed, and aperture. Learning to apply these three elements together is the gateway to both technical and creative control of your photography. The book covers all key camera features that affect exposure (regardless of what type of DSLR you have) including Aperture Priority mode, Shutter Priority mode, and Exposure Compensation. Throughout the course of the book, the reader will gain an understanding of exposure for many different situations, such as taking portraits, action shots, landscapes, and more. Additionally, Jeff covers techniques that many DSLRs w have helpfully built into their hardware, such as paramas, in-camera HDR, and even time-lapse photography. Beautifully illustrated with large, vibrant photos, this book teaches you how to take control of your photography to get the image you want every time you pick up the camera.
- Author BiographyJeff Revell has been shooting professionally for more than 25 years, and has a wide range of expertise in everything from landscape photography to travel and urban photography. As an early adopter of digital technology, he has been on the leading edge of digital imaging technology, education and instruction. Perhaps best known as the photographer behind the popular PhotoWalk Pro blog, each weekday Jeff shares step-by-step tutorials on digital photography technique and editing of digital images. The worldwide appeal of Jeff's site, along with his live PhotoWalks have made him one of the most sought after and trusted sources for digital photography training and education. Jeff lives in the Washington, DC, area. Find him online at http://www.revellphotography.com/blog/.
- Author(s)Jeff Revell
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication10/03/2014
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeachpit Press Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight528 g
- Width191 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.