All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionDunmore so cleverly interweaves each of the character's stories that as the tale unfolds it has the chilling ring of absolute authenticity. It s gripping and page turning and all those things you expect in a Spy Dramabut always laced with her trademark humanity. I was totally caught up in the story which is paced perfectly. Her best book yet. Mavis Cheek Virtuoso storyteller Helen Dunmore returns with a thrilling Cold War espionage tale in which the closest ties are called into question and body is quite who they seem. It s London, 1960. The Cold War is at its height, and a spy may be a friend or neighbor, colleague or lover. Two colleagues, Giles Holloway and Simon Callington, face a terrible dilemma over a missing top-secret file. At the end of a suburban garden, in the pouring rain, Simon s wife, Lily, buries a briefcase containing the file deep in the earth. She believes that in doing so she is protecting her family. What she will learn is that one is immune from betrayal or the devastating consequences of exposure.
- Author BiographyHelen Dunmore is the author of twelve books, including The Lie, The Greatcoat; The Betrayal, a New York Times Editors Choice; The Siege, a bestseller and finalist for the Whitbread Novel of the Year Award; and A Spell of Winter, winner of the Orange Prize.
- Author(s)Helen Dunmore
- PublisherAtlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Monthly Press
- Weight544 g
- Width150 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.