All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the increased use of computers, architecture has found itself in the midst of a plethora of possible uses. This book combines theoretical enquiry with practical implementation offering a unique perspective on the use of computers related to architectureal form and design. Notions of exaggeration, hybrid, kinetic, algorithmic, fold and warp are examined from different points of view: historical, mathematical, philosophical or critical. Generously illustrated, this book is a source of inspiration for students and professionals.
- Author BiographyKostas Terzidis is an Assistant Professor in UCLA's Department of Architecture. His work focuses on creative experimentation within the threshold between arts, architecture, music, and computer science. He has studied extensively the implications of virtual reality for the representation of space and spatiality in art and architecture. He is the author of many computer applications on form-making, morphing, filtering, and network mapping. His most recent work is the development of a visualization system in Java, called zhapes and a 3D-morphing system called morphZhapes. He has presented papers and lectured widely on both virtual reality and algorithmic design systems at conferences ranging from design methods to engineering applications.
- Author(s)Kostas Terzidis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/09/2003
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpon Press
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.