All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionExpressive writing is life-based writing that focuses on authentic expression of lived experience, with resultant insight, growth and skill-building. For decades, it has been the province of journals, memoirs, poets, and language arts classrooms. Social science research w provides indisputable evidence that expressive writing is also healing. In this remarkable collection, eight leading experts from education, counseling, and community service join to offer compelling guidance from applied practice. You'll discover: *How writing poetry helps primary school children develop emotional intelligence *A model for helping teens at risk write safely about their deepest hurts *How to engage reluctant writers and help them develop vital writing skills *A simple and effective way to build structure, pacing, and containment into life-based writing *How discovering the wellspring of inner speech helps strengthen writing skills *A method to transform expressive writing into insightful problem-solving *Easy strategies to write family stories *Invative ways to bring literature into the classroom to hone critical thinking skills through reflective practice *Practical, time-tested ways for expressive writing in guidance and counseling *Case studies for all levels of learners: Primary, teens, college-age, and adults Whether you are an educator, a counselor, a facilitator or a writer, you'll find this volume an invaluable and invative resource for the foundations of practice of expressive writing.
- Author BiographyKathleen Adams MA, LPC is one of the leading voices in the field of expressive and therapeutic writing. A psychotherapist and registered poetry/journal therapist, she founded the Center for Journal Therapy in 1988. She is the series editor for the It's Easy to W.R.I.T.E. Expressive Writing series for Rowman & Littlefield Publishers.
- Author(s)Kathleen Adams
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication08/08/2013
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleIt's Easy to W.R.I.T.E. Expressive Writing
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight304 g
- Width153 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.