All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStart Analyzing a Wide Range of Problems Since the publication of the bestselling, highly recommended first edition, R has considerably expanded both in popularity and in the number of packages available. Extending the Linear Model with R: Generalized Linear, Mixed Effects and Nonparametric Regression Models, Second Edition takes advantage of the greater functionality w available in R and substantially revises and adds several topics. New to the Second Edition * Expanded coverage of binary and bimial responses, including proportion responses, quasibimial and beta regression, and applied considerations regarding these models * New sections on Poisson models with dispersion, zero inflated count models, linear discriminant analysis, and sandwich and robust estimation for generalized linear models (GLMs) * Revised chapters on random effects and repeated measures that reflect changes in the lme4 package and show how to perform hypothesis testing for the models using other methods * New chapter on the Bayesian analysis of mixed effect models that illustrates the use of STAN and presents the approximation method of INLA * Revised chapter on generalized linear mixed models to reflect the much richer choice of fitting software w available * Updated coverage of splines and confidence bands in the chapter on nparametric regression * New material on random forests for regression and classification * Revamped R code throughout, particularly the many plots using the ggplot2 package * Revised and expanded exercises with solutions w included Demonstrates the Interplay of Theory and Practice This textbook continues to cover a range of techniques that grow from the linear regression model. It presents three extensions to the linear framework: GLMs, mixed effect models, and nparametric regression models. The book explains data analysis using real examples and includes all the R commands necessary to reproduce the analyses.
- Author BiographyJulian J. Faraway is a professor of statistics in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Bath. His research focuses on the analysis of functional and shape data with particular application to the modeling of human motion. He earned a PhD in statistics from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Author(s)Julian J. Faraway
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication27/05/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Texts in Statistical Science
- Series Part/Volume Number124
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note115 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight748 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Other digital
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.