Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionCan the U.S. Army's current heavy mechanized and armor force adapt emerging Joint Vision 2020 operational concepts, in order to remain relevant to the land power requirements of combatant commanders across the full range of military operations until the United States Army fields the objective force? This thesis analyses the capabilities of the current heavy force through the prism of the operational concepts articulated in Joint Vision 2020. Dominant maneuver, precision engagement, focused logistics, and fulldimensional protection are expanded into their constituent desired operational capabilities . The wide range of military operations and the complexity of a naligned world revealed some key vulnerabilities and gaps in the nation 's warfighting capability and force structure. The fundamental dilemma in balancing capabilities and structure that confronts the Army is especially acute concerning the current heavy mechanized and armor force. As that force has been optimized for decisive land warfare in major combat operations, it became less effective in other, more contemporary operating environments . The thesis demonstrates that the current heavy force can execute most of the desired operational capabilities articulated in the Joint Vision Implementation Master Plan and provide the Joint Force Commander essential capabilities across the range of military operations.
- Author(s)Gerald A Boston
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight168 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.