All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionCurrent dominant thinking and practice in the private and public sectors asserts that peoples' development needs are in conflict with, or mutually exclusive to, the need to conserve the biosphere on which we depend. Consequently, we are asked to either diminish development in the name of conservation or diminish conservation in the name of development. Efforts to identify complementary objectives, or mutually acceptable trade-offs and compromises indicate, however, that this does t always have to be the case. This first volume in the State of the Apes series draws attention to the evolving context within which great ape and gibbon habitats are increasingly interfacing with extractive industries. Intended for a broad range of policy makers, industry experts, decision makers, academics, researchers and NGOs, these publications aim to influence debate, practice and policy, seeking to reconcile ape conservation and welfare, and ecomic and social development, through objective and rigorous analysis.
- Author BiographyThe Arcus Foundation is a private grant-making foundation that advances social justice and conservation goals. The Arcus Foundation works globally and has offices in New York City, USA, and Cambridge, UK.
- Author(s)Arcus Foundation
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleState of the Apes
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus. 130 colour illus. 23 tables
- Weight840 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAlison White,Annette Lanjouw,Helga Rainer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.