All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1991, when her daughter s rare, hand-carved harp was stolen, Lisby Mayer s familiar world of science and rational thinking turned upside down. After the police failed to turn up any leads, a friend suggested she call a dowser a man who specialized in finding lost objects. With thing to lose and almost as a joke Dr. Mayer agreed. Within two days, and without leaving his Arkansas home, the dowser located the exact California street coordinates where the harp was found. Deeply shaken, yet driven to understand what had happened, Mayer began the fourteen-year journey of discovery that she recounts in this mind-opening, brilliantly readable book. Her first surprise: the dozens of colleagues who d been keeping similar experiences secret for years, fearful of being labeled credulous or crazy. Extraordinary Kwing is an attempt to break through the silence imposed by fear and to explore what science has to say about these and countless other inexplicable phemena. From Sigmund Freud s writings on telepathy to secret CIA experiments on remote viewing, from leading-edge neuroscience to the strange world of quantum physics, Dr. Mayer reveals a wealth of credible and fascinating research into the realm where the mind seems to trump the laws of nature. She does t ask us to believe. Rather she brings us a book of profound intrigue and optimism, with far-reaching implications t just for scientific inquiry but also for the ways we go about living in the world. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Lloyd Mayer, Ph.D., was an internationally known psychoanalyst, researcher, and clinician, the author of groundbreaking papers on female development, the nature of science, and intuition, and a contributor to Consciousness and Healing, published by the Institute of Noetic Sciences. In addition to her private practice, she was associate clinical professor of psychology at the University of California, Berkeley, and also taught at UC Medical Center, San Francisco. She died just after completing Extraordinary Knowing. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Lloyd Mayer
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication14/04/2008
- SubjectPsychic Powers & Parapsychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Dell Publishing Group, Div of Random House, Inc
- Weight256 g
- Width136 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.