All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $44.81
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe earth explodes in shoots of hot magma, glaciers crash into the ocean, grotesque creatures lurk in deep caves... follow ted National Geographic explorer and photographer Carsten Peters as he shows us that our precious planet Earth is one wild and extreme place! Tornadoes, ice caves, glaciers, lightening -- territory or phemen is too scarey for daring explorer Carsten Peter, who is right at home exploring the most outrageous places and raucous natural occurrences around the globe. Kids can follow along as he heads into extreme places and reveals the science and background behind these seemingly unexplainable natural places and phemen. Underlying each of his adventures is a dose of hard science, intriguing history, provocative images, tips, gear & gadget advice, and more to help kids learn about the Earth how they can help preserve the planet. From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Author BiographyCARSTEN PETER, is a World Press Photo award winner and regular contributor to National Geographic magazine, specializing in going to extremes. He searches for wild places where his survival depends on his wits and his skills as a technical climber, paraglider, caver, diver, and canyoneer. He is enthusiastically obsessed with devising innovative photographic techniques to capture never-before-seen images from some of the scariest environments on the planet. In addition to his World Press award he has received an Emmy Award for his videography from inside an active volcano in the South Pacific. Co-author GLEN PHELAN has written many books for children including Extreme Weather and Double Helix, which was won an Outstanding Science Trade Book Award. His dozens of magazine articles have been widely published including many in National Geographic Explorer Magazine. From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Author(s)Carsten Peter,Glen Phelan
- PublisherNational Geographic Kids
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleNational Geographic Kids
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintNational Geographic Kids
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.