All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe kw how to prepare our homes for each seasonal change, but do we kw how to prepare for climate change? Violent weather events like floods, tornadoes, ice storms, and hurricanes only tell part of the story. Climate change is frequently more subtle, but its effects on our homes and properties can still be devastating. Nearly 50 percent of North America has a potential for structural damage from shifting moisture in expansive clay soils, a condition that is already costing billions of dollars each year. Humidity is projected to increase, trapping moisture in wall cavities and resulting in deterioration. As the climate changes and moisture levels adjust, there are a number of proactive steps that can be taken to prevent or lessen expensive repairs. Extreme Weather is the only book of its kind that shows how to protect your home or business from climate change by focusing on the following areas: * Risk and causal assessment, due to region and soil * Extreme weather's rapid and slow effects * Site, foundation, wall, and roof considerations and modifications * Insurance options * Anticipated changes for the United States, Canada, and Mexico Our homes are one of the most expensive investments we will ever make. They are also our refuge from the elements, and we must protect them so they can protect us. This book is a valuable resource for all property owners. John C. Banta is an indoor environmental consultant with twenty years of experience in building biology, building science, and indoor environmental quality.
- Author BiographyJohn Banta is a Senior Indoor Environmental Consultant, with twenty years experience in Building Biology, Building Science and indoor environmental quality. A specialist in microbiological problems resulting from water damage in buildings, he has conducted investigations, trained technicians and supervised crews in sewage, flood, fungal remediation and disaster restoration throughout the US.
- Author(s)John Banta
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication25/10/2007
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Content Note90 B&W illustrations and photographs
- Weight514 g
- Width193 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.