Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionExtrusion is widely used for the preparation of a variety of foodstuffs including breakfast cereals, snack food and pasta, as well as pet food and animal and aquaculture feed. Extrusion problems solved provides responses to more than 300 frequently asked questions about the process of food extrusion and the techniques and equipment involved, in a practical question-and-answer format. The book is divided into twelve chapters for ease of reference: the opening chapters concentrate on introductory queries and on different components of an extruder system, followed by two chapters that help the reader select the correct type of extruder for a product. Chapters five and six discuss the impact of factors such as protein content and particle size on the extrusion process, while the use of pre-conditioners is discussed in chapter seven. The latter part of the book discusses specific types of extruder and die and knife assemblies, followed by a chapter on issues relating to drying extruded food products. The final chapter offers practical guidelines and rules of thumb for the most common issues relating to food and feed extrusion. Written by two leading experts in the field, Extrusion problems solved is an essential reference source and troubleshooting guide for professionals working in food, pet food and feed extrusion. It will also be a valuable training resource for students of extrusion.
- Author BiographyMian N. Riaz is the Director of the Food Protein R&D Center and Head of the Extrusion Technology Program at Texas A&M University, USA. Galen J. Rokey is the Process Manager for the Pet Food Applications Group within Wenger Manufacturing.
- Author(s)G. J. Rokey,M. N. Riaz
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication09/11/2011
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition
- Series Part/Volume Number226
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.