All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA reissuing of Eye Level, the debut collection of poetry by Jane Shore.
- Author BiographyJANE SHORE grew up in North Bergen, New Jersey. Her first collection of poems, Eye Level, won the 1977 Juniper Prize; her second book, The Minute Hand, won the 1986 Lamont Poetry Prize, awarded by The Academy of American Poets; her third, Music Minus One, was a 1996 National Book Critics Circle Award finalist; and her most recent collection, Happy Family, was published by Picador in 1999. She received a fellowship from The John Simon Guggenheim Foundation, and has been a Fellow in Poetry at the Radcliffe Institute, an Alfred Hodder Fellow at Princeton University, a Goodyear Fellow at the Foxcroft School in Middleburg, Virginia, and a Jenny McKean Moore Writer-in-Washington at The George Washington University. She has twice received grants from The National Endowment for the Arts. A Briggs-Copeland Lecturer on English at Harvard University, Jane Shore was also Visiting Distinguished Poet at the University of Hawaii. Her poems have been published in numerous magazines, including Poetry (for which she received The Bess Hokin Award), The New Republic, Ploughshares, The Yale Review, Tikkun, and The New Yorker. She is a professor at The George Washington University and lives inWashington, D.C., and in Vermont with her husband, the novelist Howard Norman, and their daughter, Emma.
- Author(s)Jane Shore
- PublisherCarnegie-Mellon University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCarnegie-Mellon University Press
- Weight154 g
- Width140 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.