All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe trailblazing 13th Floor Elevators released the USA's first psychedelic album, transforming culture throughout the 1960s and beyond. Their battles with Texas's repressive authorities were legendary, and eventually forced lead singer Roky Erickson into a mental institution. This fascinating biography breaks years of silence by band members and addresses the huge cult following by Elevators fans in both the US and worldwide. With a foreword by Julian Cope.
- Author BiographyPaul Drummond has worked with as varied range of people as a set designer and art director, in the music and fashion industries, with Erasure, Karl Lagerfeld, and Alexander McQueen. This is Paul's first book. Leader of the renowned post-punk band The Teardrop Explodes and author of the well-regarded books, Krautrock, The Modern Antiquarian, and The Megalith European.
- Author(s)Paul Drummond
- Date of Publication22/11/2007
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note120
- Weight718 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.