All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a comprehensive, in-depth, and up-to-date resource on eye pathology that will be of great practical value for ophthalmic and general pathologists and ophthalmologists. Congenital abrmalities, inflammatory conditions, infections, injuries, degenerative diseases, and tumors are all covered with the aid of more than 700 images. In the case of tumors, the wide variety of neoplasms that occur in the eyelid, conjunctiva, retina, uveal tract, lacrimal gland and sac, orbit, and optic nerve are comprehensively reviewed, and the most recent kwledge on the relation between genetics and progsis is presented. Entries on specific diseases are organized in a standard way, with information on etiology, epidemiology, clinical presentation, pathological characteristics, differential diagsis, therapy, and progsis. The authors are all recognized experts and members of the European and American ophthalmic pathology societies.
- Author BiographySteffen Heegaard, MD, PhD, is a Professor and Consultant in Ophthalmology at the Eye Pathology Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark and is a former Chairman of the Institute. Dr. Heegaard is an officially appointed examiner in ophthalmology at all Danish universities. He has extensive teaching experience that has included responsibility for training postgraduate doctors in ophthalmic pathology. Dr. Heegaard is an elected member of the European Ophthalmic Pathology Society and a reviewer for various scientific journals. He has published more than 120 articles in international publications.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 716 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight1864 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byHans Grossniklaus,Steffen Heegaard
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.