All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEye Tracking for User Experience Design explores the many applications of eye tracking to better understand how users view and interact with techlogy. Ten leading experts in eye tracking discuss how they have taken advantage of this new techlogy to understand, design, and evaluate user experience. Real-world stories are included from these experts who have used eye tracking during the design and development of products ranging from information websites to immersive games. They also explore recent advances in the techlogy which tracks how users interact with mobile devices, large-screen displays and video game consoles. Methods for combining eye tracking with other research techniques for a more holistic understanding of the user experience are discussed. This is an invaluable resource to those who want to learn how eye tracking can be used to better understand and design for their users.
- Author BiographyJennifer Romano Bergstrom has over a decade of experience planning, conducting and managing user-centered research projects. At Facebook, she leads user experience (UX) research for Privacy and Safety Check (prior: Facebook Lite; Videos). She leads, conducts, and manages UX studies across multiple teams simultaneously and collaborates across disciplines to understand the user experience. Jen specializes in experimental design, implicit learning, and eye tracking. Jen co-authored Eye Tracking in User Experience Design (Elsevier, 2014) and has published peer-reviewed articles in Applied Cognitive Psychology, Memory, Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, Journal of Health Communication, Computers in Human Behavior, Survey Practice, International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, Social Science Computer Review, Universal Access in the Information Society, and Journal of Usability Studies. Jen frequently presents research and conducts workshops at local, national, and international events and conferences. Prior to Facebook, Jen formed the UX Division at Fors Marsh Group (FMG), in the Washington DC area, where she designed a state-of-the-art laboratory and recruited, trained, and led a team of UX researchers. Prior to FMG, Jen taught a team of researchers at the US Census Bureau how to use eye-tracking data in usability research to impact design change for website, surveys, and forms. Jen teaches UX Design and Research courses for government agencies, practitioners, and academia. She is the President of the User Experience Professionals Association, and she is past President of the DC Chapter of the Usability Professionals Association and the DC Chapter of the American Association for Public Opinion Research. Jen received her B.A. in Psychology from Central Connecticut State University, and her M.A. and Ph.D. in Applied/Experimental Psychology from The Catholic University of America. Andrew Schall has over 10 years of experience as a UX researcher and designer and is currently Director of User Experience at SPARK Experience Design, a UX consulting firm outside Washington, DC. He is currently a Ph.D. candidate in Human-Centered Computing at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. Andrew has worked with numerous public and private organizations to use eye tracking as part of their user-centered design process including organizations such as Aflac, Fossil, GlaxoSmithKline, NASA, PBS, and U.S. Department of Energy. He is a frequent presenter on eye tracking, speaking at conferences including Human Computer Interaction International, User Experience Professionals Association, and User Focus.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication25/04/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, colour tables, figures
- Weight820 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAndrew Schall,Jennifer Romano Bergstrom
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.