All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith A New Epilogue by editor Barbara GrahamIn this groundbreaking collection, twenty-seven smart, gutsy writers explode the cliches and tell the real stories about what it's like to be a grandmother in today's world. Among the contributors:
- Judith Viorst exposes the high-stakes competition for Most Adored Nana.
- Anne Roiphe learns to keep her mouth shut and her opinions to herself.
- Elizabeth Berg marvels at witnessing her child give birth to her child.
- Judith Guest confesses her failed attempt to be the perfect grandmother.
- Jill Nelson grapples with unforeseen mother-daughter tensions.
- Ellen Gilchrist reveals how grandparenthood has eased her fear of death.
- Beverly Dofrio makes amends for her shortcomings as a teenage mother.
- Bharati Mukherjee transcends her Hindu upbringing to embrace her adopted Chinese granddaughters.
- Mary Pipher deconstructs the role of grandmother in our changing world.
- Author(s)Barbara Graham
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Introduction byMary Phd Pipher
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.