Eye to Form is Only Love: A Journal of 100 Days by Traktung Yeshe Dorje (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.16+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionFor 100 days, Traktung Yeshe Dorje, an American born lama in the Nyingma lineage of Vajrayana Buddhism kept a journal of short reflections. Some mornings, the heartbreaking poetry of devotion, or essays in celebration of dawn, light, trees; on others, razor-like distinctions about the nature of the mind, challenges to conventional views of seeing, or seething commentary on the shallowness of contemporary culture. Taken together, but in small considered bites, the entries will provide a rare meal to any sincere practitioner who recognises direct and authentic spiritual discourse. The unique offering of this book is the deeply personal manner in which insights are presented -- using a journal format rather than direct instructions about spiritual topics. An astute reader will glimpse -- even fall into -- the way of perceiving of a tantric spiritual adept. We experience, if only for a moment, how things appear to one whose mind is free from conditioning. Eye to Form challenges the reader to consider familiar topics and scenarios from a new, perhaps radical, perspective. The invitation here is to profound consideration of life's deeper meanings through the unique intersection of beauty, wisdom and silence. This is t a practical guide -- it offers plans for or steps to enlightenment or happiness. In fact, the author has compunction in undermining such fast-food approaches to the recognition of Buddhahood. Eye to Form, therefore, can be extremely beneficial to those who t looking to be told what to do, but rather are inspired to think deeply, carefully and freshly. Intelligent choices on the spiritual path can be made only as one's considerations reach beyond ordinary-mind's conditioning. The challenge for this type of consideration is perhaps more useful than yet ather self-help manual.
- Author BiographyTrakTung Yeshe Dorjehas been guiding both individuals and community for the last 23 years, drawing his students and friends into the world of spiritual awakening by offering them a window into a different way of considering appearances. He teaches in the U.S. and Europe, and is also president of Wishing Tree Gardens, a non-profit sustainable-agriculture educational program in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Author(s)Traktung Yeshe Dorje
- PublisherHohm Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/10/2012
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationPrescot
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHohm Press,U.S.
- Weight262 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.