All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEyes deep with unfathomable histories is a quotation taken from the poem by Pauline Melville entitled Homeland . This volume was inspired by two areas: the first one was the writings of Pauline Melville, a British velist, a poet and actress with Wapisiana (South American Indian) ancestry, and the second by Canadian magic realism. The majority of the articles in the collection focus on a variety of aspects of magic realism in contemporary Canadian literature in English, which abounds in texts representative of the mode; but some also approach magic realist texts by British velists and US playwrights. The authors of the articles come from Europe and North America, and include established scholars, such as Jeanne Delbaere-Garant, who has been writing about developments within magic realism in Canada and beyond for almost thirty years, and Hartmut Lutz, an authority on Canadian Native literatures; as well as promising young scholars. They approach classics of magic realism, such as vels by Jack Hodgins, Robert Kroetsch and Angela Carter, but also more recent texts by Joan Clark, Bernard Assiniwi, Rachel A. Quitsualik, Thomas King, Rawi Hage, Margaret Sweatman, Lilian Nattel, Susanne Swann and Eden Robinson among others.
- Author BiographyLiliana Sikorska, professor of English, head of the Department of English Literature and Literary Linguistics at Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan (Poland); head of the Department of English Literature and Culture of English Speaking Countries at the University of Social Sciences, Warsaw; Fulbright Professor at Cornell 2010; author and co-author of numerous books on medieval English and Irish literature. Agnieszka Rzepa, professor of Canadian Literature; head of the Department of American Literature at Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan (Poland); author of numerous works on Canadian literature.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in Literature in English
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight330 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byAgnieszka Rzepa,Liliana Sikorska
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.