About this product
- DescriptionPaul Fleischman offers teens an environmental wake-up call and a tool kit for decoding the barrage of conflicting information confronting them. We're living in an Ah-Ha moment. Take 250 years of human ingenuity. Add abundant fossil fuels. The result: a population and lifestyle never before seen. The downsides weren't visible for centuries, but w they are. Suddenly everything needs rethinking - suburbs, cars, fast food, cheap prices. It's a changed world. This book explains it. Not with isolated facts, but the principles driving attitudes and events, from vested interests to denial to big-country syndrome. Because money is as important as molecules in the environment, science is joined with politics, history, and psychology to provide the briefing needed to comprehend the 21st century. Extensive back matter, including a glossary, bibliography, and index, as well as numerous references to websites, provides further resources.
- Author BiographyPaul Fleischman won a Newbery Medal for Joyful Noise: Poems for Two Voices and a Newbery Honor for Graven Images. He is the author of numerous books, including picture books, young adult fiction, poetry, plays, and nonfiction. Paul Fleischman lives in Santa Cruz.
- Author(s)Paul Fleischman
- PublisherPerfection Learning
- Date of Publication23/09/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerfection Learning
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Most relevant reviews
- rocicenten_013 Jun, 2016by
not in very good conditions but it was a new book
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.