All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Ezekiel 1-20, the first of two volumes of commentary on the Scripture attributed to the third major Old Testament prophet, Moshe Greenberg uses accessible prose to explain Ezekiel's ecstatic, erratic, almost incomprehensible otherworldly visions and prophecies. One of this century's most respected biblical scholars, Greenberg translates the text, identifies the critical issues raised by the book, and offers an impressively balanced, thoroughly holistic interpretation of Ezekiel. Ezekiel 1-20 rigorously engages the biblical text with all the tools of historical critical analysis. Drawing upon the rich history of Jewish and Christian interpretation, Greenberg employs ancient and modern sources in his elucidation of this most difficult prophetic book. Only his second and final volume, Ezekiel 21-48, can complete the most authoritative commentary on Ezekiel.
- Author BiographyMoshe Greenberg, Ph.D., was Professor of Biblical Studies at Hebrew University in Jerusalem. In a long and illustrious career, he has written numerous works, including The Religion of Israel, Understanding Exodus, and Introduction to Hebrew. He also edited the Encyclopaedia Judaica and served as a translator of the Jewish Bible, Tanakh.
- Author(s)Moshe Greenberg
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/12/2007
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleThe Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries
- Place of PublicationNew haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight597 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Introduction byMoshe Greenberg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.