All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEzra Pound, the poet called the contemporary of our grandchildren, has exercised ermous influence on the development of American poetry and criticism. This impact on the world of letters is only grudgingly ackwledged today, since it comes from a poet tainted by fascism and anti-Semitism. This book follows the contours of our love for his poetics and hate for his politics, juxtaposing Pound's work to postmodern theory. The contrasts prevail: in the relation of language to reality, in the moral and political commitments, and in the vision of history. At the same time, Pound's poetic practices, particularly his collage techniques and series of Englishes, overflowed his political ideology. It is this overflow that makes him so fascinating to intellectuals and the main reason we study his work with respect w.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Roxana Preda is currently a researcher at the Kennedy Institute in Berlin, Germany. She received her doctorate in literary theory from the University of Siegen and has published on translation and literature. At present, she is preparing an annotated edition of Ezra Pound's economic correspondence.
- Author(s)Roxana Preda
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2001
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleStudies in Literary Criticism and Theory
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight600 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.56Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.