All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite its 'F-for-fighter' designation, the F-105 was designed and purchased to give the USAF an aircraft capable of the delivery of nuclear weapons at very high speed, long range and below-the-radar altitudes. However, when the Vietnam War began it also emerged as USAF's best available tactical bomber for a 'limited conventional' war as well. Extensively targeted by MiG-17s and MiG-21s the F-105 pilots developed invative tactics that allowed them to compete in air-to-air duels with their smaller, more maeuvrable enemies. Illustrated throughout with extensive photographs detailing weapon loads, internal features and action shots of actual engagements, this volume examines the conduct of the Rolling Thunder strike missions and the tactics used for attack and defence by the attack, escort fighter and radar monitoring elements within strike formations.
- Author BiographyPeter E Davies has published 20 books and several magazine articles, concentrating on modern combat aircraft and the Vietnam War. He has written eight previous Osprey titles and co-authored two others, with two of the latter on the F-105. Jim Laurier is a native of New England, growing up in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. He has been drawing since he could hold a pencil and throughout his life he has worked in many mediums creating artwork on a variety of subjects. He has worked on the Osprey Aviation list since 2000, and in that time he has produced some of the finest artwork seen in these volumes. He has specialised in aircraft of the Vietnam War period.
- Author(s)Peter E. Davies
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/10/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleCombat Aircraft
- Series Part/Volume Number107
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note20 b/w; 90 col
- Weight310 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jim Laurier
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.