All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVolume 13 in the Major Conservative and Libertarian thinkers series focuses on F.A. Hayek, the influential member of the Austrian School of Ecomics. Friedrich August von Hayek (1899-1992), winner of the Nobel Prize in ecomics, was an influential ecomist and political philosopher. The increased attention he received in the late 20th century with the rise of conservatism in the US and UK, led him to publish Why I Am Not a Conservative, an essay in which he berated conservatism. He preferred to be identified as what Edmund Burke called an Old Whig. Amongst his most important contributions are his writings on capital theory and on the business cycle as well as his political theory work, The Constitution of Liberty , in which he explained the proper role of the government. Major Conservative and Libertarian Thinkers provides comprehensive accounts of the works of seminal conservative thinkers from a variety of periods, disciplines, and traditions - the first series of its kind. Even the selection of thinkers adds ather aspect to conservative thinking, including t only theorists but also writers and practitioners. The series comprises twenty volumes, each including an intellectual biography, historical context, critical exposition of the thinker's work, reception and influence, contemporary relevance, bibliography including references to electronic resources, and an index.
- Author BiographyDr Tebble has taught at the London School of Economics and Brown University. He is the author of numerous scholarly articles on political philosophy. Dr Meadowcroft is Lecturer in Public Policy at King's College London and the author of The Ethics of the Market (Palgrave, 2005) and co-author of Rescuing Social Capital from Social Democracy (Institute of Economic Affairs, 2007).
- Author(s)Adam Tebble,John Meadowcroft
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleMajor Conservative and Libertarian Thinkers
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight340 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.