All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionListening into writing, reading into writing take shape in F.M.R.L. through a collection of short texts, fragments and 'deranged essays', with attention to pacing and linguistic derives. An archive of books, tebooks, events and records prompts the texts in these pages, responding to encounters with Michel Leiris's autobiographical fictions; concerts and events at Cafe Oto and the Swedenborg House in London; visits to museums such as the Pitt Rivers in Oxford and exhibitions such as Ice Age Art at the British Museum, among the others. F.M.R.L. is a book constructed across sonic patterns, assonance, repetitions, comprising texts that intermittently drift from sense to sound and to nsense and back. A flip from the immateriality of sound to the sounds of letters and words as material, a call from reading to voicing.
- Author BiographyDaniela Cascella is an Italian writer based in London. Her research is driven by a longstanding interest in the relationship between listening, reading, writing and in the contingent conversations, questions, frictions, kinships that the three practices generate, host or complicate.?
- Author(s)Daniela Cascella
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication24/04/2015
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZero Books
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.