FBI Career Guide: Inside Information on Getting Chosen for and Succeeding in One of the Toughest, Most Prestigious Jobs in the World by Joseph W. Koletar, Stephen Wunker, John Putzier, Bill Withers, Brian Cole Miller, J. Koletar, Stewart Liff (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.78Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the three years following the September 11th, 2001, terrorist attacks, the Federal Bureau of Investigation hired 2,200 new Special Agents. But that was out of more than 150,000 applicants, and you can be sure the successful candidates had t only relevant backgrounds, but also determination and a genuine desire to embark on one of the most coveted, rewarding, and challenging careers in the world. The FBI Career Guide spells out exactly what the Bureau is looking for in Special Agent candidates, and how to maximize your chances of being selected from the huge applicant pool. Joe Koletar, whose own blue-ribbon career at the Bureau is second to ne, shows how to get the job - and how to thrive once you've got it. His inside look at the real FBI reveals: smart educational and career decisions to improve your odds of being hired; how to meet and network with current FBI agents; what Special Agents do, day-to-day, in different roles and environments; how undercover investigations, SWAT team operations, and specialty assignments work; what agents earn, and what benefits they receive; the prospects for advancement, and some typical (and t so typical) career paths; how the job may affect your personal and family life; and much more. The FBI Career Guide also reveals the common mistakes applicants make, and shows how to avoid them. And it gives you detailed information on excelling in the Agent Training Program. Finally, the book offers profiles of real agents who have gone on to successful post-FBI careers, and will help you lay the groundwork for a rewarding life after the Bureau. Above all, The FBI Career Guide will help you find out if you've got what it takes to succeed - and if you do, how to show it.
- Author BiographySTEPHEN WUNKER worked with Christensen for years, led development of one of the first smartphones, and now runs New Markets Advisors. He has written for Forbes, Harvard Business Review, and The Financial Times. JESSICA WATTMAN is the consultancy's Director of Social Innovation, and DAVID FARBER is a Manager at the Boston-based firm.
- Author(s)Bill Withers,Brian Cole Miller,J. Koletar,John Putzier,Joseph W. Koletar,Stephen Wunker,Stewart Liff
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight354 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine7 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.