All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFIAF Digital Projection Guide addresses the technical challenges that cinematheques, archival and repertory cinemas and festivals encounter in the paradigm change from analogue film projection to digital cinema. The guide is an extension of, and update to, The Advanced Projection Manual (2006), a book covering the craft of projecting film classics with modern equipment. FIAF Digital Projection Guidecovers the following topics: * What is D-cinema, and what are the alternatives? * Pixel - the digital picture element * The DCP file format * Digital projection systems * 3-D projection techlogy * Sound for digital cinema * Practical advice for digital conversions FIAF Digital Projection Guideis published bythe International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF) and sponsored jointly by The Norwegian Film Institute (NFI) and the Giornate del cinema muto (Pordene).
- Author BiographyTorkell Saetervadet is a cinema design and technology expert based in Norway. He authored the comprehensive guide on film and digital projection, The Advanced Projection Manual, published jointly by FIAF and the Norwegian Film Institute (NFI) in 2006. Until 2010, the author held the post as director of technology atUnique Cinema Systems (UCS), the company responsible for the roll-out of D-cinema in Norway-the first country in the world to transfer its entire cinema exhibition industry to digital.Prior to his engagement with UCS, he co-founded Norsk kinokonsult, a company specialising in cinema design. Other past positions include technical manager at the Norwegian Film Institute in Oslo and principal cinema engineer for the digital sound format SDDS in Europe. He is a member of the SMPTE and supported the archival frame rate efforts of the SMPTE DC.21 committee. He is currently also an associate member of the FIAF Technical Commission.
- Author(s)Torkell Saetervadet
- PublisherFederation internationale des archives du film
- Date of Publication03/12/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBruxelles
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintFederation internationale des archives du film
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width206 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.