Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionJoseph Conlly - book collector, antiquarian dealer, and acclaimed velist - has compiled an impassioned guide and love letter to the designers, artists and authors at the heart of Faber's design story. From its beginnings in the 1920s and 1930s on to the classic years of invation under Berthold Wolpe after the War, and from the celebrated period of collaboration with Pentagram on to the modern day, here is, as he concludes in his preface, 'a lavish celebration of the art and beauty of these magnificent covers, from just the first eighty years'. Even gazing at these so slim spines, I was taken. And at the foot of each one, the word Faber. The vitality of the design, even on these very narrow spines, compelled me to slide out the books. And the covers! Oh my goodness, the covers...the color, strength and typography were t at all brash, but merely dynamic: here, I thought, was splendor. And it was the covers that encouraged me to open the books. And to read. And then to discover.
- Author BiographyJoseph Connolly is the best-selling author of Poor Souls, This Is It, Stuff, Summer Things, Winter Breaks, S.O.S., It Can't Go On, The Works, Love is Strange and Jack the Lad and Bloody Mary. He has also written several works of non-fiction, including admired biographies of Jerome K. Jerome and P. G. Wodehouse.
- Author(s)Joseph Connolly
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication02/07/2009
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight1226 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.