All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTen years after the first FabLab (a so called fabrication laboratory) was opened at MIT, more than 120 FabLabs exist all over the world. Today, it is time to look back at a decade of FabLab activities. This book shows how small production devices, such as laser cutters and 3D printers, and dedicated educationists, researchers and FabLab practitioners transform the fields of learning, work, production, design, maker culture, law and science on a global scale. In this composition experts from various countries, such as Germany, India or the USA, and distinguished academic institutions, such as MIT or Stanford University, discuss theoretical questions and introduce practical approaches concerning FabLab activities.
- Author BiographyJulia Walter-Herrmann (M.A.) has studied digital media from various perspectives of the Humanities and Social Sciences in Konstanz (GER), Boston (USA) and Bremen (GER). She is a research assistant in the computer science working group Digital Media in Education at the University of Bremen. Her research interests focus on global aspects of media culture. Corinne Buching (Dipl.-Soz.) is a sociologist in the field of Science and Technology with special interest in qualitative methods. She is a research assistant in the computer science working group Digital Media in Education at the University of Bremen, where she is designing and arranging workshops also in FabLabs for young adults.
- PublisherTranscript Verlag
- Date of Publication15/05/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTranscript Verlag
- Content Note37 b/w & 7 color
- Weight360 g
- Width148 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCorinne Buching,Julia Walter-Herrmann
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.