All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA finalist in the Oregon Book Awards Literary Arts contest, Fables by the Sea vibrates on every page with the mystery, music and magic of both sea and land. Eighty stories set on the water and the edge of the land make for whole family enjoyment, a favorite of school children and their parents, too. A special treat when read aloud at bedtime, it keeps parents turning the pages long after the youngsters have dozed, sure to be dreaming of mermaids who ride on grand old sea turtles, penguin families on vacation, pirates of all sorts, gypsies and cowboys who come down to the sea... If you don't cherish the seashore already, you surely will when you read Fables by the Sea, Award Winning Tales from Lands End.
- Author BiographyThe author credits her Uncle Cliff with inspiring Fables by the Sea, next to the sea itself and land's end. The summer she turned five, her family took a trip to the Midwest. There her uncle held her at the edge of Lake Michigan and with a great sweep of his arm and a thrill in his voice he exclaimed, Out there, that is all water! Ever after, her favorite day of the year was the day her family trekked to the beach. She grew up and realized her dream, living on the Oregon coast for twenty years, first within earshot of the surf in a rustic cabin in the woods, next in a cottage where the Necanicum River empties into the Pacific Ocean, then in a bungalow with the surf at her door, and later in a house on a promontory high over the sea. Her children grown, she took a penthouse under the arch of the Astoria-Megler Bridge at the mouth of the great Columbia River. Finally, for her last winter before she moved to the desert, she put a gypsy trailer at the Hammond Marina and furnished it with antiques, metallic curtains, and stained glass windows. Every evening after work as a counselor, warmed and dried from the cold and wet, she wrote a story to honor her first and lasting love, which she shares with her readers - the sea, and the edge of the land.
- Author(s)Angelyn Ray
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/06/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.63
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.71
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.32
- AU $42.82Trending at AU $43.94
- AU $19.71Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.