About this product
- DescriptionThis is an intelligent exploration of the scope, diversity, and future of digital architecture. Fabricate brings together the work of designers, engineers and makers within architecture, construction, engineering, manufacturing, and computation. Covering a cross-section of scales and typologies, Fabricate features 32 illustrated case studies of completed buildings, new works in progress, and the latest research in design and digital manufacturing. Practices included Foster+Partners, Zaha Hadid Architects, Arup, Buro Happold, Amanda Levette Architects, Ron Arad Associates, and the rewned institutions Delft, Harvard, MIT, The Bartlett, CITA, and the AA. As the scope and diversity of work shown here very clearly conveys, new protocols of engagement between the design and making of digital architecture offer disciplines on all sides the challenge to rethink fabrication as a design activity, and to question how the necessary expertise to master this field can be acquired.
- Author BiographyRuairi Glynn is an installation artist, curator and writer. He is Tutor of Architecture & Interaction Design at The Bartlett, UCL, Central Saint Martins, and UAL. Bob Sheil is Senior Lecturer & Director of Technology & Computing at The Bartlett. A founding partner in Sixteen (makers), an experimental practice/research group, he is also co-chair of FABRICATE, a conference on digital fabrication and design, hosted by The Bartlett in April 2011.
- PublisherRiverside Architectural Press
- Date of Publication14/02/2013
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRiverside Architectural Press
- Content Note135 colour illustrations
- Width240 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edited byBob Sheil,Ruairi Glynn
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.80New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $20.21Trending at AU $25.16
- AU $21.90Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $31.92
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.01
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $41.88Trending at AU $42.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.