All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis lavishly illustrated catalogue accompanies an exhibition of the same name at the Huntington Art Collections that runs from September 28, 2013 to January 13, 2014. Co-curator and scholar Paula Nuttall explores the transmission of ideas, techniques, and modes of artistic rendering that first developed in the Burgundian court and became hugely influential in southern Europe - tably painting in Florence, usually considered the artistic epicenter of Renaissance Europe. Nuttall treats thematic groupings of the exhibition, exploring the diptych as an art form, the portrayal of the face of Christ, the development of portraiture, and the virtuosic renderings of materials and textures.
- Author BiographyPaula Nuttall is the author of From Flanders to Florence: The Impact of Netherlandish Painting, 1400-1500.
- Author(s)Paula Nuttall
- PublisherHuntington Library Press,US
- Date of Publication18/03/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuntington Library Press,US
- Content Note80 color illustrations
- Weight918 g
- Width234 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Introduction byCatherine Hess
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.