All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionArch-mediator between the divine and the mundane, the angel is an enduring figure in the western world. It has been interpreted as an externalization of repressed fantasies, a projection of the self as other, and a metaphor for modern estrangement. This book is the first comparative study between sacred medieval images of angels and their cinematic treatment, including reference to both the medieval and modern imaginations. The text traces the traditional functions of angels and their reworking in film, then takes particular te of new icons like the female angel and others who become models for our connection with transcendence.
- Author BiographySandra Gorgievski is an associate professor of English at the University of Toulon. Her research interests include medieval and contemporary popular culture. She is the author of a book on Arthurian myth and the co-author of a book on medievalism.
- Author(s)Sandra Gorgievski
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteca. 35 photos, bibliography, index
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.