Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionIn Face to Face with Body Dysmorphic Disorder, BDD expert Arie Wigrad shares his unique insights as a psychotherapist who has spent thousands of hours treating patients with this uniquely complex disorder. By specifically focusing on the patient-clinician relationship and exploring treatment options beyond the cognitive behavioral model, this groundbreaking new text offers a new perspective designed to help practitioners truly understand the emotional inner-workings of the BDD client, and in turn, how to genuinely connect with them in order to facilitate recovery. Also included are two chapters written by former BDD sufferers chronicling their personal struggles with the disorder.
- Author BiographyArie M. Winograd, M.A., L.M.F.T. is the founder and director of the Los Angeles Body Dysmorphic Disorder & Body Image Clinic. Having dedicated the majority of his professional career as a psychotherapist to treating individuals with the complex psychiatric condition termed body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), Mr. Winograd has worked extensively to diversify and expand treatment strategies while emphasizing interpersonal relationships as the epicenter of BDD treatment and recovery. Mr. Winograd's formal education includes a Bachelor of Arts from Carnegie Mellon University and a Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology from Pepperdine University, along with clinical training via the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Arie Winograd
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/08/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.