All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMark Moffett finds frogs. And when he finds frogs, he finds adventure. He describes a close encounter with the deadliest of all the poison dart frogs in Colombia, South America. One accidental brush up against the frog could mean death. 'I had to lie on the ground with my camera only two inches away from the terribilis frog to take her picture. Compared to most frogs, she was curious, showing little fear. If you are deadly, you don't have much to be frightened of. Sometimes she hopped toward me, but I couldn't allow her to touch my skin. It was strange to be scared of such a pretty frog'. In the wide world of frogs, some are fearsome and some are friendly. Mark Moffett kws them all. Frogs are amphibians who must spend much of their lives in water. So how can some frogs survive in the desert? Frogs hatch from eggs as tadpoles. How do they grow into full-fledged frogs? From metamorphosis to diet, from habitat to distinctive features, Mark Moffett offers this exciting and informative glimpse into the world of frogs. The breadth of the diversity is astonishing. As with each Face to Face book, helpful and accessible back matter, especially designed for report writers, includes a facts-at-a-glance section, a conservation feature, a science inquiry exercise, a glossary, an index, and how to find out more.
- Author BiographyMark Moffett is an ecologist, a photographer, an author, but above all, an adventurer. He's not just an expert on the rain forest canopy; he was also the first to climb the world's tallest tree. He didn't just stroll to the stage at the Explorer's Club to accept the prestigious 2006 Lowell Thomas Medal for Exploration--he descended by rope from the 80-foot ceiling. Known as Doctor Bugs, Mark has photographed, studied, and investigated ants, spiders, and frogs.
- Author(s)Mark W. Moffett
- PublisherNational Geographic Kids
- Date of Publication12/04/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleFace to Face
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Geographic Kids
- Content Note25 Full-Colour Photographs
- Weight136 g
- Width254 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.48
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $43.81
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $17.08
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.