About this product
- DescriptionFaceless is an irreverent, controversial and hilarious cartoon strip that started as a Web-based comic and quickly acquired a huge following. Although the 'faceless' characters are amusing and entertaining, the content is t for the faint-hearted! Faceless never pulls any punches, expressing those sentiments readers feel but never dare verbalise for fear of being judged 'politically incorrect'. Although the primary function of Faceless is to amuse and entertain, it always evokes a response of some sort, often shocking readers out of their apathy. As the author says, 'The only thing worse than people talking about you is people NOT talking about you.' In this comic strip there are holy cows - the comments and observations, and generally taking the Mickey out of people, are aimed at everyone. A true original!
- Author BiographyBruce Sutherland spent 23 years in the corporate IT world, where he was a divisional executive for one of the biggest IT companies in South Africa and one of the original computer nerds. As an early adopter of the internet and its technologies, he built his first website in 1994 and set up his own joke site in 1996, which was featured in The Citizen. In 2008, as the victim of restructuring, he found himself with a lot of time on his hands and finally knuckled down to do something he'd contemplated for a long time: to supplement his joke site. And so Faceless was born, after many different characters, figures and styles had been tried and discarded. As it gained a following, strips were spotted in the wild (behind toilet doors, on other websites, in emails sent on by friends) and there was an increasing demand for a book. He self-published the first Faceless book in 2009. Bruce is currently the general manager at EnGedi, a function, conference and wedding venue in the Cradle of Humankind, just 1.3 kilometres from the game farm where he lives with his wife of 13 years.
- Author(s)Bruce Sutherland
- PublisherStruik Publishers (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectCartoons & Comic Strips
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintZebra Press
- Out-of-print date16/02/2016
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight412 g
- Width148 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.