All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The book is written in a lively, engaging, conversational style, without compromising on empirical rigour to substantiate its claims...All practitioners of problem based learning will benefit from the multipronged perspectives on pbl facilitation contained here' - British Journal of Educational Techlogy . Interest in problem-based learning continues to flourish worldwide. To date there has been relatively little to help staff to examine the complex issues relating to facilitating the implementation of problem-based learning and the ongoing development of staff, students and the curriculum.This book explores a broad range of issues about facilitation, in particular: understandings of facilitation that have emerged from the author's recent research and ways of equipping and supporting staff in terrestrial and virtual contexts. It also questions how students are assessed and suggests ways of preventing plagiarism in problem-based learning. It examines what it might mean to be an effective facilitator and suggests ways of designing problem-based curricula that enhance learning.
- Author BiographyMaggi Savin-Baden is Professor of Higher Education Research at Coventry University where she is Deputy Director of the Interdisciplinary Research Centre in Health. She first began researching problem-based learning in 1987 and over the last ten years has consulted widely on problem-based learning in the UK and overseas.
- Author(s)Maggi Savin-Baden
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2003
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSRHE
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight296 g
- Width59 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine3 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.