Facilitator's Guide to Failure is Not an Option: 6 Principles for Making Student Success the Only Option by Alan M. Blankstein (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.08Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAligning theory with practice, chapter-by-chapter activities and discussion questions examine the critical role of a strong learning community in implementing effective school reform, with a focus on BlanksteinAes six guiding principles:Common mission, vision, values, and goals Systems for prevention and intervention Collaborative teaming for teaching and learning Data-driven decision making and continuous improvement Active engagement from family and community Building sustainable leadership capacity With the FacilitatorAes Guide to Failure Is NOT an Option(TM), you can effectively lead others through dialogue, reflection, and application of BlanksteinAes principles. It is an ideal resource for school principals, district administrators, teacher leaders, and educational policy makers, and perfect for groups of any size-pairs, small workshops, and large seminars.
- Author BiographyAward-winning author and educational leader, Alan Blankstein served for 25 years as President of the HOPE Foundation, which he founded and whose honorary chair is Nobel Prize winner Archbishop Desmond Tutu. A former high-risk youth, Alan began his career in education as a music teacher. He worked for Phi Delta Kappa, March of Dimes, and Solution Tree, which he founded in 1987 and directed for 12 years while launching Professional Learning Communities beginning in the late 1980s. He is the author of the best-selling book Failure Is Not an Option(R): Six Principles That Guide Student Achievement in High-Performing Schools, which received the Book of the Year award from Learning Forward. Alan is Senior Editor, lead contributor, and/or author of 18 books, including Excellence Through Equity with Pedro Noguera, (In Press). He also authored some 20 articles in leading education print including Education Week, Educational Leadership, The Principal, and Executive Educator. Alan has provided keynote presentations and workshops for virtually every major U.S. Ed Org, and throughout the UK, Africa, and the Middle East. Alan has served on the Harvard International Principals Centers advisory board, and the Jewish Child Care Agency, where he once was a youth in residence.
- Author(s)Alan M. Blankstein
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication22/12/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.