All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFacing Age examines the relationship between aging and women in a culture obsessed with youthfulness. From weight gain, to wrinkles, to sagging skin, to gray hair, the book explores older women's complex and often contradictory feelings about their bodies and the physical realities of growing older. Drawing on in-depth interviews conducted over a ten year period, Hurd Clarke brings alive feminist theories about aging, beauty work, femininity, and the body.
- Author BiographyLaura Hurd Clarke is associate professor at the School of Human Kinetics at the University of British Columbia and a Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research Career Investigator.
- Author(s)Laura Hurd Clarke
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication08/12/2010
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleDiversity and Aging
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight263 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.