All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionFacing South to Africa is a bold synthesis of the ideas that have made Afrocentric theorists the leading voices of the African renaissance. Written from the vantage point of the philosophical and political discourse that emerged over the past twenty-five years, this is a highly readable and accessible introduction to African social and cultural criticism. Molefi Kete Asante engages in the practice of critical thinking by raising fundamental questions about how Africans view themselves and the world. Tackling the themes of culture, education, social sciences, the university, politics, African unity, and the prospects for peace in Africa, Facing South to Africa is a fresh, daring, and popularizing synthesis of the best critical thought on the issues of modern kwledge. Asante's plan is to reorient our thinking on Africa by asking questions of Africa and Africans rather than imposing preconceived, external ideas on African issues.
- Author BiographyMolefi Kete Asante is professor and chair of the Department of African American Studies at Temple University. He is also president of Molefi Kete Asante Institute for Afrocentric Studies and guest professor at Zhejiang University and Professor Extraordinarius at the University of South Africa.
- Author(s)Molefi Kete Asante
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication20/08/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCritical Africana Studies
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight381 g
- Width168 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.