Facing Ted Williams: Players from the Golden Age of Baseball Recall the Greatest Hitter Who Ever Lived by Sports Publishing LLC (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.36Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionThe Splendid Splinter, Teddy Ballgame, The Kid -- matter the nickname, Ted Williams was one of the most accomplished hitters in baseball history. He was the last man to hit .400 in a single season, a nineteen-time All-Star, a two-time MVP and Triple Crown award winner, and an inductee into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1966 ...all while serving his country in World War II and the Korean War. Far from a conventional biography, Facing Ted Williams aims to offer a different perspective with testimonials from teammates and opponents alike on how Williams was regarded among his peers. See Ted Williams through the eyes of pitchers struggling to put a fastball past his bat, the infielders and outfielders adjusting their positions in the hopes that they can fill the hole where a frozen rope might land, and the catchers as they strategize a Williams at-bat, pitch-by-pitch. Facing Ted Williams provides riveting insights from many baseball legends, including: Bob Feller Mudcat Grant Bobby Richardson Don Larsen Bob Friend And many more! Whether you're a Red Sox fanatic, a casual baseball fan, or perhaps just an admirer of the fabled war hero and slugger, this book is sure to be a fresh and compelling look at this classic baseball icon. Much like Williams himself, Facing Ted Williams is sure to be a home run for all walks of baseball fandom, so don't swing and miss! Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyDave Heller spent six years as a freelance writer in Cincinnati, while also appearing in several newspapers (Washington Post) and magazines. He recently spent five years as the lead editor at CBS SportsLine.com and is currently a sports web producer for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and a contributor at Seamheads.com. Wade Boggs is a former baseball player who spent eighteen years in the big leagues with the Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, and Tampa Bay Devil Rays (now known as the Rays). On August 7, 1999, he became just the twenty-third player to record 3,000 hits for a career and the first to do so with a home run. He retired in 1999, finishing his career with 3,010 hits (currently twenty-sixth all-time), a .328 batting average (currently thirty-third all-time), and was elected into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 2005. Bob Wolff is the longest-running sportscaster in television and radio history, now in his ninth decade behind the microphone. He is the only broadcaster in history to call the play-by-play championships of all four major pro sports, including Don Larsen's perfect game in the 1956 World Series. He's enshrined in the baseball and basketball halls of fame, the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Hall of Fame, as well as numerous others. In 2009, the broadcast booth at Nationals Park in Washington was named in his honor.
- PublisherSports Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleFacing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSports Publishing LLC
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDave Heller
- Foreword byWade Boggs
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.