All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis third edition of Facing the Shadow contain exercises and activities that help readers begin meaningful recovery from sex addiction. This updated and revised book guides readers through the first seven tasks in Dr. Carnes' researched-based thirty-task model of recovery. Updated throughout including a new chapter on groundbreaking research regarding what range of behaviours comprise compulsive sexual behaviour. Guides readers through the first seven tasks in Dr. Carnes' researched-based thirty-task model of treatment - the most respected therapy model available for treating sex addicts. Case studies have been given techlogical facelifts to correspond to real world scenarios of today. Appropriate for both men and women. New tools for people in recovery seeking ways to combat the shame that often accompanies addiction. All exercises and activities in this workbook w are numbered, titled and have clear directions given. Index has been added that assists readers in locating specific information according to topic and task. Updated look at the impact of techlogy on sex addiction (smartphone apps, internet, etc.).
- Author BiographyPatrick J. Carnes , PhD, is the founder of the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP) and Gentle Path Press. His extensive background in the field of addiction therapy led Dr. Carnes to develop multiple cutting-edge recovery programs aimed at treating addictive disorders. He serves as executive director of the Gentle Path Program, a residential treatment program for sexual addiction in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA. With more than 30 years in the sexual addiction treatment field, Dr. Carnes continues to spread his extensive knowledge as a speaker, presenter and interview subject. His assessment tools and related materials deliver an unprecedented approach to addiction recovery for practitioners of addiction treatment and sexual addicts.
- Author(s)Patrick Carnes
- PublisherGentle Path Press (imprint of New Freedom Publications)
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCarefree
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGentle Path Press (imprint of New Freedom Publications)
- Out-of-print date15/09/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.