All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe concept of factorization, familiar in the ordinary system of whole numbers that can be written as a unique product of prime numbers, plays a central role in modern mathematics and its applications. This exposition of the classic theory leads the reader to an understanding of the current kwledge of the subject and its connections to other mathematical concepts, for example in algebraic number theory. The book can be used as a text for a first course in number theory or for self-study by motivated high school students or readers interested in modern mathematics.
- Author BiographySteven H. Weintraub was born in 1951, received his PhD in mathematics from Princeton University in 1974, and is currently Professor of Mathematics at Lehigh University. A specialist in areas of geometry, topology, and algebra, he is the author of approximately 50 research papers, and has visited and lectured at numerous universities around the world. This is his sixth book.
- Author(s)Steven H. Weintraub
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2008
- Place of PublicationNatick
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintA K Peters
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.