Factory Physics for Managers: How Leaders Improve Performance in a Post-Lean Six Sigma World by Mark L. Spearman, Jeffrey H. Bell, Edward S. Pound (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.05Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $90.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the award-winning developers of Factory Physics - a powerful leadership guide for breakthrough performance. A comprehensive guide that cuts through the hodgepodge of copycat initiatives, overblown buzzwords, confusing mathematics, and misguided software, Factory Physics for Managers is a breath of fresh air for operations managers and executives. Written by the leaders and experts behind the bestselling Factory Physics, it's a brilliant crash course in the practical science of operations designed to help you: achieve best possible profit, cash flow, and customer service; attain highest return with existing Lean, Six Sigma, and ERP initiatives; manage your capacity, inventory, response time, and variability with high predictability; simplify management of complexity using existing IT systems; use the fundamentals of science to ensure your operation's success; see your company and procedures more clearly; and improve intuition, decision making, and strategy execution. A strategy of imitation is t much of a strategy. Most every company uses the common continuous improvement initiatives. This highly accessible guide addresses but goes beyond other business approaches such as Lean, Six Sigma, and Theory of Constraints by offering a customizable plan that you can apply to any manufacturing-based industry or supply chain. You'll discover invaluable tools for developing operations strategy and driving execution by using practical science to assess your procedures, target problems, and find solutions. You'll learn essential life lessons from the best-and worst-practices of corporate leaders like Toyota and Boeing. You'll find ingenious new ways to improve your leadership by predictively managing the tradeoffs that every operation faces-whether it's more or less inventory or capacity, higher or lower customer service, or more or fewer products. Using this approach, you can tackle these natural conflicts in business through a practical, comprehensive science of operations. Factory Physics for Managers makes it easier to choose and execute the best strategy for better productivity - and even bigger profits. Praise for Factory Physics for Managers: Factory Physics for Managers is a proven path to flawless execution and results. Leading vs. following in our industry is predicated on the relentless pursuit of putting order to chaos. Factory Physics science and CSUITE software have given our organization the ability to plan, predict, model, and execute based on explosive growth and rapid-fire, dynamic changes to our business model. In our case, history is t a good predictor of the future, so we need to deploy our resources wisely, and the Factory Physics approach has helped us do just that. (Larry Doerr, COO, Stratasys). Shows how the science behind Lean initiatives can greatly improve results interms of productivity and resources. (Bill Fierle, Vice President and General Manager, TopWorx, Emerson). Brings powerful, accessible science to operations management. The FactoryPhysics playbook enables me to lead the harnessing of our data more effectively for modeling, planning, control, and feedback. Armed with the concepts, common language, and tools in this book, I can partner with operations' leadership to impact the bottom line. (Jeffrey Korman, CIO, Hu-Friedy Mfg LLC, Chicago).
- Author BiographyEdward S. Pound is Chief Operations Officer at Factory Physics Inc. Jeffrey H. Bell is a managing partner of Arc Precision, a supplier of precision-engineered components to the medical device industry, and he serves on the advisory board of Factory Physics Inc. Mark L. Spearman, Ph.D., is the founder, president, and CEO of Factory Physics Inc. and coauthor of Factory Physics.
- Author(s)Edward S. Pound,Jeffrey H. Bell,Mark L. Spearman
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight605 g
- Width165 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.